Check out our Absorbs It product offering here.
Oil-Dri Absorbs-It Clay Absorbent
Oil-Dri is a leader in developing, manufacturing and marketing sorbent products and has been making work environments cleaner and safer for nearly 70 years. With such a rich history, the Oil-Dri brand is trusted and recognized coast-to-coast. Our offerings include top quality granular absorbents as well as a complete line of synthetic absorbents such as polypropylene pads, socks, rolls, pillows, booms and emergency response spill kits. The versatility of our product line allows us to provide sorbent solutions for all of your maintenance and safety needs.
ABSORBS-IT 28 AND 35 QUART BAGS
- I01128-G60 28 Quart Poly Bag 24.5” x 16” x 4.5” 60 bags/pallet 041788011284
- I01135-G50 35 Quart Poly Bag 24.5” x 16” x 6” 50 bags/pallet 041788011352
Issue: Potential safety hazards are present around machines or in storage areas where leaks, drips, sprays or spills are most likely to occur.
Solution: A spill control plan should be developed with absorbent products readily available to control daily leaks and spills around your plant or to use in case of an emergency.
Description: Absorbs-It is a blended formula of select grades of clay engineered to achieve the highest absorbency for the cost of product. Used to absorb oils, mixtures of soluble oils, acids, paints, inks, water and other liquids. Proper use of these products can reduce slipping accidents and hazards, prevent flash oil fires and keepnfloors clean and dry. Do not use with turpentine, vegetable oil, unsaturated organicn compounds or hydrofluoric acid.
Weight vs. Volume:
Clay absorbents have traditionally been packaged by weight, most commonly 40 lb. & 50 lb. bags. Now packaged by volume, Oil-Dri offers equally sizednbag as the competition at a lighter weight. Introducing Oil-Dri’s Absorbs-It new 28 quart and 35 quart bags.
Bulk Density Matters:
Given it’s low bulk density, one cubic ft. of Absorbs-It weighs less than one cubic ft. of the competitor’s comparable clay. Here’s why:
- Type of Minerals: Oil-Dri processes three unique absorbent minerals from multiple locations across the country. These minerals naturally have low bulk density due to high surface area and extensive porosity.
- Moisture Content: Extreme thermal processing drives 97% moisture from the clay, making it lighter weight with a low bulk density.
- Porosity: Hundreds of tiny air pockets within each granule carry no weight and allow for fluid retention within the clay. More Absorbent: Even at a reduced weight, Absorbs-It is more absorbent than the comparable clay competitor!
Apples to Apples: New volume packaging allows for more accurate market comparisons of like products. Absorbs-It bags are now closer in size and product fill as our competition.