AEROSHELL GREASE 22
Keep your aircraft wheels turning for longer by applying AeroShell Grease 22 to their bearings. This general-purpose aviation grease offers excellent corrosion resistance, anti-wear properties and load-carrying properties throughout the extreme operating conditions your aircraft faces. As well as your wheel bearings, use Grease 22 on a wide range of applications, including your engine accessories, control systems, landing gears and more.
- US – Approved MIL-PRF-81322G NLGI Grade 2, Approved DOD-G-24508A
- UK – Approved DEF STAN 91-52
- France – Approved DCSEA 395/A
- Russian – Analogue of CIATIM 201 and 203, VNII NP 207, ERA (VNII NP 286M) and ST (NK-50)
- NATO Code ¬– G-395
- Joint Service Designation – XG-293
- COMAC – Approved to QPL-CMS-OL-301
For information about the applications of Grease 22, as well as health and safety precautions, see the Technical Data Sheet (TDS) and the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) .
About Grease 22
Wheel bearings become extremely cold during flight. The instant the wheel touches the tarmac, they go from rapid acceleration to braking to a complete stop, thereby becoming very hot and also being subjected to runway spray/de-icing fluids.
It’s made up of synthetic hydrocarbon oil thickened with Microgel®, with outstanding performance characteristics.
AeroShell Grease 22 is designed to protect aircraft wheel bearings operating in these severe conditions. It’s made up of a synthetic hydrocarbon and offers an alternative to Grease 5 outside the Americas.
AeroShell Grease 22 can help extend component life and reduce maintenance costs through its excellent load-carrying capacity and resistance to wear, corrosion, oxidation and water washout.
Why use AeroShell Grease 22?
• AeroShell Grease 22 is designed to protect aircraft wheel bearings operating under high loads and speeds and wide temperature ranges.
• It’s a good choice for wheel bearings and other critical components, thanks to its excellent load-carrying capacity and resistance to wear, corrosion, oxidation and water washout.
How to use AeroShell Grease 22
Use AeroShell Grease 22 on a variety of applications, including:
- aircraft wheel bearings;
- engine accessories;
- control systems;
- servo mechanisms;
- electric motors;
- helicopter rotor bearings;
- airframe lubrication;
- hinge pins;
- static joints; and
- landing gears.
Here are some of the typical properties of AeroShell Grease 22 and see how they compare with the requirements for the MIL-PRF-81322G specification. Check the AeroShell Book to find out more.
- Oil type – Synthetic hydrocarbon.
- Useful operating temperature range – -54°C to +177°C.
- Anti-friction bearing performance at 177°C – Over 400 hours.
- Load carrying capacity/Load wear index – 40kg.
- Copper corrosion over 24 hours at 100°C – Passes this test for the MIL-PRF-81322G specification .
- Colour – Amber.
Contact us for pricing and availability