Coronavirus Action Plan
July 1st Update
June 15th Update
Thank you for choosing Rowleys Wholesale for your wholesale needs. We appreciate the opportunity to support you. In your work keeping your communities’ vehicles, manufacturing, and other activities possible during the COVID-19 uncertainties.
The following is Rowleys Wholesale COVID-19 preparedness and response plan. If anything contained herein conflicts with applicable state or federal law, such law shall control. Following these guidelines are important for our team’s safety, the safety of our family and customers, and require active participation by our team to be effective.
Goals: The procedures below are intended to maximize safety and promote Rowleys Wholesale’s role as a critical infrastructure / an essential business in the logistics, transportation, automotive maintenance, cleaning supplies, and chemicals industries (among others).
- Promoting social distancing compliant work environments;
- Maintaining best in class cleaning and disinfecting procedures;
- Minimizing employee proximity;
- Minimizing contact between employees through paperwork, shared spaces, etc.;
- Maximizing electronic documentation adoption and conversion for sustained and efficient remote working processes.
- Disinfecting Work Stations:
- All employees must wipe down their work stations at least twice daily.
- Drinking Fountains Temporarily Closed:
- All drinking fountains shall be closed until further notice.
- Suspected Cases / Symptoms of Illness:
- Daily Self-Assessments:
- All employees must participate in “respiratory etiquette” (covering coughs and sneezes).
- Whenever possible, meetings will be held by telephone conferences or other video/audio conference methods.
- Segregated Shifts and Remote Work:
- Managers will endeavor to divide their teams into subgroups and segregate such subgroups to the extent possible (physically; via alternating in/out of office days; shift start and end periods; remote work stations; etc.).
- All non-essential work travel is cancelled unless otherwise noted.
- Drivers and Other Employee Contact with Customers:
- After contacting any surface at a customer’s or vendor’s location (or an item returned from a customer), employees must wash or sanitize their hands, unless wearing gloves. If wearing gloves, gloves should be regularly changed or sanitized.
- Customers are advised to call upon arrival and orders be brought to their vehicles.
- Customer Service will bring documentation to the customer in their vehicles while wearing facemasks and gloves.
- Warehouse personnel will bring product to customers’ vehicles while wearing facemasks and gloves.
- Vulnerable Populations Only Pickup Hours: Monday-Friday from 4:00pm to 5:00pm.
- Other Proactive Steps:
- Rowleys Wholesale has replaced manual soap, paper, and sanitizer dispensers with automatic dispensers.
- Rowleys Wholesale has replaced some high-use light & fan switches with automatic motion sensors.
- Additional sanitizing supplies are available.
Due to current Federal and State regulations and Guidance, as well as Rowleys safety plans regarding COVID-19, Rowleys has limited our personnel’s in-person customer visits to those necessary to maintain the value or condition of Rowleys’ or Customer’s inventory / equipment / facilities, to permit our customers to continue to sustain or protect life, to support customers’ minimum basic operations, and to support customers’ provision of essential or permitted activities (“Permitted Services”) as permitted by applicable laws and guidance. Rowleys, in compliance with applicable regulations and safety plans, is providing in-person Permitted Services only in such cases as Rowleys is unable to safely and reasonably provide through remote means.
Please be aware that Rowleys personnel must at all times comply with Federal, State, and Rowleys rules and guidance regarding social distancing, personal contact, PPE, etc. Our employees have been empowered to immediately remove themselves and take any precautions they deem immediately appropriate to ensure their safety. If Rowleys personnel determine that they are unable to provide the Permitted Services for safety reasons, we will make every effort to work with you to perform the services with proper / additional safety procedures in place.
The following are publicly available resources regarding COVID-19 rules, regulations, and programs impacting or available to our customers. We hope these resources prove value to your businesses and hope you and your families stay safe during these unique circumstances.
- State Overview: https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/2393.htm
- Public Resources: https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/2400.htm
- Back on Track (reopening) Information: https://backontrack.in.gov/
- State Overview: https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/
- Executive Orders and Directives: https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/0,9753,7-406-98178_98455—,00.html
- Resources for Businesses: https://www.michiganbusiness.org/covid19/
- FAQs for Employers: https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/0,9753,7-406-98810—,00.html?page=1&limit=25&filterCategories=,99039&searchQuery=
- State Overview: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/home
- Employer and Employee Resources: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/employers-and-employees/
- Guidelines for Essential Businesses and Operations Employers: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/families-and-individuals/stay-safe-ohio-information/essential-businesses-operations-employers
- Cares Act Loans
- Cares Act: https://www.congress.gov/116/bills/hr748/BILLS-116hr748enr.pdf
- SBA Cares Act FAQ: https://www.sba.gov/document/support–faq-lenders-borrowers
- Treasury Guidance: https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/cares/assistance-for-small-businesses
- Center for Disease Control
- Industry Specific Guidance
- North American Dealership Association : https://www.nada.org/ADGT-Safely-Operating-in-Pandemic-pdf/
- LEAR: https://playbook.lear.com/Safe%20Work%20Playbook%202nd%20Edition.pdf
April 7th Update
We will be closed on Friday April 10th for Good Friday. Business will resume as normal on Monday.
March 25th Update
Coronavirus Safe Grocery Shopping or receipt of any packages.
March 23rd Update
Please click the link below for a letter on what we are doing as an essential business during the Michigan lock down.
COVID-19 “Essential Business” Compliance Update:
Rowleys Wholesale will remain open. We will continue distributing products to those businesses permitted to operate under applicable laws, as well as to support basic minimum operations as defined and permitted under applicable regulations.
In order to protect our team and the customers we serve, Rowleys Wholesale will be implementing additional precautions and safeguards as necessary and directed to comply with safety standards and protocols specified by local, state, and federal regulations.
Effective Tuesday March 24, 2020, we will remain open and accessible to customers as follows:
- Customer Service: 7:45 am to 5:00 pm EST Monday – Friday. Whenever possible, please contact our team remotely by:
- Phone: 989-671-6500
- Fax: 989-671-1400
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online: www.rowleys.com; ecommerce ordering available 24 / 7.
- Delivery Schedule: Currently unchanged but subject to change without notice if required by law or staffing availability.
- Will-Calls: Monday – Friday *Please limit to only such pickups as permitted under Michigan Executive Order 2020-21 and Ohio Director’s Stay at Home Order*
- General Population: 7:45-3:50pm
- Vulnerable Populations: 4:00-5:00pm
We ask that our general and non-vulnerable “will-call” customers be conscious and considerate that we reserve these hours to accommodate those individuals more susceptible to COVID-19. Please arrive well before 3:50pm to permit appropriate spacing and cleaning to occur prior to 4:00pm. Call ahead and we will bring your order out to the car for you.
The Rowleys Wholesale family
March 18th Update
Please click the link below for a letter on what we are doing to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus.
Taking care of our associates and our customers and communities is at the center of everything we do. As we continue to navigate these uncertain times our priorities remain the same. The Rowleys Team continues to monitor the evolving impact of the Coronavirus for our associates, our customers and the communities in which we work and live.
We find it important to share with you actions that we are taking as a result of the ever-changing landscape. Our efforts are ongoing.
- Our Account Representatives in varying geographical locations are available to ensure we support your business needs. We are encouraging them to communicate via phone or electronically whenever possible and to be conscious of any special requests for interaction. Our customer service phones are available during our regular posted business hours. As well as our online Chat Icon.
- All of our warehouses are open for shipments. We have implemented safety precautions utilizing the most current recommendations to protect our associates and those we come in contact with.
- Rowleys is closely monitoring the reports from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), Federal, state and local mandates. We are taking all precautionary measures as instructed by these agencies.
- Across our organization we’ve instituted a pandemic illness procedure that includes health and safety protocols so we can continue to serve you.
- Additional cleaning supplies have been sourced for all locations and delivery vehicles. Guidelines for wiping down surface areas and common touch points often have been communicated and are being reinforced via meetings and written communications supported by authoritative recommendations.
- We are in constant communication with our supply chain team ensuring our commitment to doing everything in our power to make sure we have the product you want when you want it.
- We will continue to do everything we can to ensure your business is not impacted during this situation. If possible, for the safety and well being for all our communities’ consolidation of orders will help us minimize exposures as we maintain business during this avoidance of “group gathering” period that is currently in place.
We value you, our relationship and our commitment to serve you to the best of our ability, regardless of the landscape.
We look forward to continuing to serve you as we navigate the uncertain times that currently face us.