Eaton Approved Lubricants Update
Important Eaton Transmission Lubricant Update – January 2017
- Lubricant specification PS-164 Rev 7 is being replaced on January 1, 2017 by PS-386. All applications that required the use of PS-164 Rev7 will now require the use of PS-386.
- OEM Production: All Major OEMs have transitioned to the PS-386 approved lubricant in 2016.
- Aftermarket: Eaton recognizes there was a transition period of the existing stock of PS-164 Rev7. Both PS-164 Rev 7 and PS-386 can be mixed together: top-offs using either fluid are permitted.
- Procision transmission: PS-278 approved lubricant is the only acceptable fluid for the Procision transmission. Do not use PS-278 fluid in other transmissions.
- Introduction of approved lubricant logos: These new logos are mandatory on all containers to help easily identify approved PS-386 and PS-278 suppliers. All containers must display the approved lubricant logo on their labels.
Please follow and like us: