Shell Tellus S2 VX achieves rigorous Bosch Rexroth Fluid Rating RDE 90245
Who is Bosch Rexroth and what is this new approval?
- Bosch Rexroth is a leading manufacturer of hydraulic pumps, operating in more than 80 countries.
- Pump failures can have a significant impact on total cost of ownership (TCO). Bosch Rexroth revised their existing specification to make it more representative of field conditions. Their specification includes a new industry pump test (Bosch RFT-APU-CL) which is 13 times more severe than the standard Eaton 35VQ25 pump test.
- The pump test is mainly representative of requirements found on a hydrostatic drive and it is most linked to mobile equipment applications. However, such a severe test of operating pressures up to 7250 psi (500 bar) also covers industrial applications. As such it is currently the most severe hydraulic approval in the industry.
- Bosch Rexroth hydraulic pumps are among the most widely used pumps used in industrial applications. Even when another brand of pump is used, the system can benefit from the increased performance of these new fluids.
How can you use this knowledge to increase sales?
- Inform your customers that Bosch Rexroth has created this specification to better match real world conditions and that the quality of fluids in the market need to be able to meet these new performance standards
- Shell Tellus S2 MX and VX are now listed on Bosch Rexroth Fluid Rating List RDE 90245. The latest version is always available at: http://www.boschrexroth.com/fluidratinglist.
- None of our major industrial competitors (ExxonMobil and Chevron) are currently listed.
- Shell is the only international oil company to have both a mono-grade and a multi-grade fluid listed.
- Shell Tellus S2 VX is the only fluid with a full approval for all viscosities from ISO 32 to 68 for a multi-grade fluid.
- Bosch Rexroth has been advising their OEM partners of the new specification and its importance.
Resources to Support You
- Bosch Rexroth made a video to describe their new approval and its benefits:
- More information on the approval can be found in this Bosch Rexroth document.
Please follow and like us: